The Place to be (Part II)

Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Too Too tooo!

Helloo. Been busy lar. Everyday come back from work very tired you know. This week especially.. because it has been training week where I'm trained to insert tubes into particular blood vessels of a rat (namely jugular and femoral, they're tiny btw) and trocar it out of the back of the necks. The tubes then get hung on a swivel above their cages allowing the rats to move about without getting their tubes all twisted up. This would allow me to withdraw blood from them at timepoints (0min, 30min, 60min etc.) while keeping them alive, whereas previously I used to kill them at wider timepoints (1h, 3h and 6h) to obtain blood samples. So essentially I'm saving animals. Woot.

Ling is leaving the company and I'm honestly rather sad about it. She and Chiu helped me out alot at work and it was always fun hanging with them in the underground animal lab. She's the kind of woman who strikes you as rough, loud and uncouth in the beginning, but over time you come to the realisation that she's a really nice human being. Generous, funny and cheerful. Poor Chiu is left to fend for his own dept now, 3 ppl from his dept have left within the 5 mths that he (and I) have joined the company. Boohoo. So last week was spent bidding farewell to Ling. Drinks at holV for the general crowd on monday, and private oishi pizza (the wasabe one is not bad, but some ppl hate the excess mayonaise) gathering at Shab's house on wed. I went shopping for her presents with Sue the weekend before.. we had a 180 bucks to spend and I realize now that I think we blew too much cash in Candy Empire. Haha. Anyhow, got her a watch, a hippo soft toy decked out in 3M mask, shoe covers and hairnet (reminiscent of what we have to wear in the underground lab), and lots of candy and chocs (included a YARD of Ernest Miller chocolate, a can of jelly beans, nougat and timtams). She does love food. Met up with the bf on tuesday for a short dinner in sch. He was whingeing about schwork so was in a rather crappy mood but we overcame that with a nice big hug and hung out in his room for a bit before I headed home. Borrowed adobe illustrator and warcraft installation cds from him so you can guess what I'll be busy with from now on :P On friday the folks had taichi, so me and a colleague from work (dept mate) spontaneously decided to head out for some Ben & Jerry's ice cream as a reward for the whole long day of training we both had to go through. Went to the new place at Raffles City Shopping Centre, the ice cream place has this fountain formation thing in front of it which is really entrancing to watch. Haha, couldn't help glancing at it once in a while during the conversation. I'm easily distracted lar. Anyway, was a fri night so we were pretty rejuvenated and alive in prospect of the coming wkend, and actually shopped ard a bit before ending the night with late dinner at burger king (bf's fav eating place).


Ling, Chiu and me after a rat-killing spree. The purple-capped tubes contains rat blood, and the white-capped tubes, yes, rat brain.


Ling making full use of her yard of choc


Jelly beans!


Oishiiiii pizzzaaaa..

Oh this sat the family and I went to check out VivoCity. It's huge lar, and has alotta nice shops from other countries. Gap is in Spore!!! Yay, I love Gap. They had some interactive fashion show too where all the models were in Gap clothes and dancing outside the shop. They were cute!


See how cute!

Alotta other nice shops too with alotta nice clothes which I can probably never afford until some once-in-a-blue-moon sale pops up. Mom and I spent the whole afternoon there just walking around while Dad and Bro hung out at the more peaceful Harbourfront. Haha. Anyway, it was clammy's birthday so jo invited us out for drinks. Got Sue to join us too! And we went iguana's and had free flow of taco chips and drowned ourselves in magaritas. Banana magarita ain't half bad. And Sher and her gang were in the vicinity so we met up and went MOS! Saw manee pretty cars.. a hot red ferarri, 2 lamborghinis, a huge rolls royce, several BMWs. Man, where do all these rich kids come from ah? Was packed inside, we spent most of the time walking around and checking which room we want to hang out in. By the time we decided we wanted to go to the R&B room it was closed off because it was too full. So we settled for the main room which played agonizingly boring house music. Aside for that short spell of Franz Ferdinand which had an actual tune, the rest was just monotonous beats and electronic too-too-too's. We finally managed to break free and run into the R&B room (by that time I think it was 3am liao). Where FINALLY can get to enjoy some real music.. shaking our hips to Shakira.. hais..wasted our time listening to house in that main room man (bf's fav music btw). Anyway stayed till 3.40 and then me and Sue took a Merc cab home. Cab driver was quite entertaining, he seemed to know where all the happening clubs were and I was telling him about the nice cars we saw and he said I should have picked up a player and get 10K from him a mth. Haha, I told him I was an indpt lady and could make my own money and he said he rarely met any Spore girls with my kinda thinking. Haha! That night was lacking in alcohol though, compared to dblO the other time. Was entirely sober the whole night through :\ Some cheap drinks would have probably made the music sound better.

So it's sunday again and we're gonna play tennis soon. The bf's studying again and tomorrow's monday again and its gonna be another week of training again. I've used 'again' 3x in a sentence. Woot :| I need to take my driving soon or else join a dance class or something to keep me alive and sane. Have a good week ahead!
The SP, 3:49 PM

1 Comments:

Oh, that model is so cute! :P I can't wait to get over my term papers, midterms and report writing to go shopping at Vivo! Yes, I am targeting Gap as well. My parents brought home the mall directory and I went nuts seeing the shops they have there. :P Anyway, take care!

Wan
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 AM  

Add a comment