The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
I'm sounding exceptionally whiny
Rawr why can't the rest of the work be public holidays as well?
The past weekend I did nothing but sleep and shit. I shat watery shit. Yup. I diarrheaoed. Think I ate too much on thursday night. The bosses brought us out for dinner at Rochester Park. It was lovely there tho', we ate at Da Paolo's and the food was gastronomical (as they call it). Finally tasted my first bit of foie gras and it is the tastiest bit of duck fat I will ever get to taste. Downed a rib-eye steak which impressed everyone.. they never knew a skinny girl could eat so much. And I tried their tiramisu too which was to-die-for. Was too full to finish it tho', luckily the big boss saved me by taking a huge scoop of it and passing it ard. Also drowned myself in red wine which had me talking slightly louder than usual. Anyway had a 6hr long study the next day which was absolute torture, mainly cos the underground lab is so fff-ing cold and I was getting headaches and feeling nauseas. I actually lay meself down and dozed off for a while btw blood sampling times but awoke absolutely shivering in my scrubby pants. By the time I came up for fresh air I was suffering from a fever and couldn't bid my surgery trainer for the past 2wks a proper goodbye. I wish I had bought her something :| Somehow managed to stumble back home on the mrt and fell into bed which was where I remained the entire wkend. This week the whole world is on leave (in the US for conferences, UK for meetings or Bali for resort holidays :|). I am left with a few other lonesome colleagues but no worries I'll probably be stuck in the fff-ing cold lab again doing more studies my boss left for me.
I am kind of getting used to not seeing boyfriend for extended periods of time. He's been busy with his projects and tests and soon exams. Life as a chemical engineer is dowdy and boring. Hah. But we still talk on the phone and its been pretty alright I suppose.. he misses me.. hehe. Don't know whether I should go on a holiday this December. Would love to go if the bf can make it but dunno if he can spare the time cos of his fyp. And also am worried about the moolah. Received my bank account statement which monitors all my deposits and withdrawals since june and amazingly (and disconcertingly) I started out with more monies than I have now, despite the fact I've been working 5 mths. What's the fff-ing deal with that? Rawr.
And I still have this stupid US tax return thing which is haunting mee.. go awaayy and give me back my US$400! Bebe if ur reading this, did you send any other documents when you did your tax return the last time? Like copies of your visa or anything? Cause they're saying I'm not providing enough supporting documents now :[ And how da hell did you fill in that form anyways.. I shouldn't have followed beidi man.. bebe if you still have a copy of that form could you send it to me?? Pleeassse?? *grumble* And sorry couldn't join ya for lunch.. had a doctor's appointment on monday anyway.. yay! no blood withdrawal for me! (it was some routine health surveillance they're always doing to us cos we work with animals)
Okay.. work again tomorrow.. nooOO... nites
The past weekend I did nothing but sleep and shit. I shat watery shit. Yup. I diarrheaoed. Think I ate too much on thursday night. The bosses brought us out for dinner at Rochester Park. It was lovely there tho', we ate at Da Paolo's and the food was gastronomical (as they call it). Finally tasted my first bit of foie gras and it is the tastiest bit of duck fat I will ever get to taste. Downed a rib-eye steak which impressed everyone.. they never knew a skinny girl could eat so much. And I tried their tiramisu too which was to-die-for. Was too full to finish it tho', luckily the big boss saved me by taking a huge scoop of it and passing it ard. Also drowned myself in red wine which had me talking slightly louder than usual. Anyway had a 6hr long study the next day which was absolute torture, mainly cos the underground lab is so fff-ing cold and I was getting headaches and feeling nauseas. I actually lay meself down and dozed off for a while btw blood sampling times but awoke absolutely shivering in my scrubby pants. By the time I came up for fresh air I was suffering from a fever and couldn't bid my surgery trainer for the past 2wks a proper goodbye. I wish I had bought her something :| Somehow managed to stumble back home on the mrt and fell into bed which was where I remained the entire wkend. This week the whole world is on leave (in the US for conferences, UK for meetings or Bali for resort holidays :|). I am left with a few other lonesome colleagues but no worries I'll probably be stuck in the fff-ing cold lab again doing more studies my boss left for me.
I am kind of getting used to not seeing boyfriend for extended periods of time. He's been busy with his projects and tests and soon exams. Life as a chemical engineer is dowdy and boring. Hah. But we still talk on the phone and its been pretty alright I suppose.. he misses me.. hehe. Don't know whether I should go on a holiday this December. Would love to go if the bf can make it but dunno if he can spare the time cos of his fyp. And also am worried about the moolah. Received my bank account statement which monitors all my deposits and withdrawals since june and amazingly (and disconcertingly) I started out with more monies than I have now, despite the fact I've been working 5 mths. What's the fff-ing deal with that? Rawr.
And I still have this stupid US tax return thing which is haunting mee.. go awaayy and give me back my US$400! Bebe if ur reading this, did you send any other documents when you did your tax return the last time? Like copies of your visa or anything? Cause they're saying I'm not providing enough supporting documents now :[ And how da hell did you fill in that form anyways.. I shouldn't have followed beidi man.. bebe if you still have a copy of that form could you send it to me?? Pleeassse?? *grumble* And sorry couldn't join ya for lunch.. had a doctor's appointment on monday anyway.. yay! no blood withdrawal for me! (it was some routine health surveillance they're always doing to us cos we work with animals)
Okay.. work again tomorrow.. nooOO... nites
The SP, 12:38 AM