The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Sunday, September 17, 2006
another weekend gone
(this was typed on sunday night but posted on mon night because of photo-loading issues :|)
It's sunday night again. Next week is going to be really busy.. almost a hundred rats need to be culled. Thank god I have help from Chiu and Ling or else I would probably be driven insane at the paranoia of feeling a flinch when taking out the hundreds of rat brains in the underground animal lab :| This saturday was the life sci career fair and for once I wasn't attending it as an undergrad, rather I was attending as a booth-mender, or to the youthful hopeful students..a potential employer who can promise a chance of working at one of the leading pharmas in the world. I realise I'm pretty lucky to have landed this job, all the students I talked to looked at me in wide-eyed admiration and envy. And all of them ask me how did I manage to get in? What did I do? Was I very zai or what? Haiyah, not really lah. All I did was write a good resume, email and ask whether there were any open positions and go for the interview! So I tell them to check website and email HR, and then they give me that suspicious look which says "Is she just trying to get rid of me? Are they here just to show face and give away free brochures, bags and pens?" Which is partly true I have to agree, but hey, I'm WORKIN here.. on a SATURDAY ya know!
Anyway, it did let me have a chance to stay over at Adriano's. Heh. Things are going pretty well these days. We decided to start afresh and you know, be nicer to each other, stop the blaming and the quarelling and all that drudgery. Now its just like when we were starting out.. but much better somehow cos we already know each other so well. We can talk much easier and things are alot lighter and we're so much more loving and we have much more fun on dates. And he's actually getting less superficial nowadays, especially after we went to watch Devil Wears Prada. Haha, in case you guys didn't catch the MORAL OF THE STORY. No.. the show isn't about the nice clothes, and the nice hair (although yes, they do look great, and it would be lovely to look like anne hathaway with her tall lanky frame and elegant funky outfits).. but really it boils down to what the boyfriend said at the end of the show "Looks like it's not good to be Fabulous." :D So proud of him, he's improving in leaps and bounds! haha.
Anyway, I spent money again. Went shopping last wed with my cubicle-mate, let's call her blondie, cos she really is blonde, haha. Anyway she's a really nice girl from UK and we hit it off pretty well. Love her sense of humour, its so Brit. And her fashion sense is also impeccable, and she likes earrings and shiny stuff so shopping with her has turned out to be dangerous and pressurizing on the wallet! Bought a bag for $56!! (its lovely tho, not outrageous, but it's simple and stylish and dark green and I needed a going-out bag desperately anyway, was carrying this cheap Fila bag which I see everyone else carrying!). Bought some shades for $15.90 (it's alright looking, but not as stylish as I would like it to be, but I needed something to make me look cool while rollerblading.. HAH :P), and 2 pairs of earrings which came out to $23 (I know you're thinking that's crazy, but these were special earrings! They're so pweety and intricately designed and you probably can't find those designs anywhere else. And Blondie was buying them like crazy so I had to make her feel a little bit better on herself din I? :D) Anyway, I even bought nail buffer and remover to keep my nails smooth, healthy and shiny. Ok, working has made me vain and pampered. Shit.
So by the time the weekend arrived I was feeling too poor to do any other kind of lavish spending. Me and bf did go shopping though, and I bought ESSENTIAL stuff like lab shoes. I've been needing these. Been wearing my stinky old converse shoes which is such a hassle to put on and honestly smell real bad. These are comfy and I love the soles, you'll never slip and fall in the lab ever!

Oh and here's the pictures I promised from the dress-up party. Guy in the afro is my boss, and you can see blonde cubicle-mate in there too (she's the one who develops wide anime eyes mysteriously after a few hundred sips of bombay sapphire)!


We even had a REAL Scottish man wear his kilt to the party. He was wearing shorts tho :P


When did Kermit migrate to China and take up smoking?!
I came as a giraffe btw. But I'm guessing from the pic that my friend wasn't very amused about it.

That's it for now.. will TRY to update more regularly next time :P Toodles~
It's sunday night again. Next week is going to be really busy.. almost a hundred rats need to be culled. Thank god I have help from Chiu and Ling or else I would probably be driven insane at the paranoia of feeling a flinch when taking out the hundreds of rat brains in the underground animal lab :| This saturday was the life sci career fair and for once I wasn't attending it as an undergrad, rather I was attending as a booth-mender, or to the youthful hopeful students..a potential employer who can promise a chance of working at one of the leading pharmas in the world. I realise I'm pretty lucky to have landed this job, all the students I talked to looked at me in wide-eyed admiration and envy. And all of them ask me how did I manage to get in? What did I do? Was I very zai or what? Haiyah, not really lah. All I did was write a good resume, email and ask whether there were any open positions and go for the interview! So I tell them to check website and email HR, and then they give me that suspicious look which says "Is she just trying to get rid of me? Are they here just to show face and give away free brochures, bags and pens?" Which is partly true I have to agree, but hey, I'm WORKIN here.. on a SATURDAY ya know!
Anyway, it did let me have a chance to stay over at Adriano's. Heh. Things are going pretty well these days. We decided to start afresh and you know, be nicer to each other, stop the blaming and the quarelling and all that drudgery. Now its just like when we were starting out.. but much better somehow cos we already know each other so well. We can talk much easier and things are alot lighter and we're so much more loving and we have much more fun on dates. And he's actually getting less superficial nowadays, especially after we went to watch Devil Wears Prada. Haha, in case you guys didn't catch the MORAL OF THE STORY. No.. the show isn't about the nice clothes, and the nice hair (although yes, they do look great, and it would be lovely to look like anne hathaway with her tall lanky frame and elegant funky outfits).. but really it boils down to what the boyfriend said at the end of the show "Looks like it's not good to be Fabulous." :D So proud of him, he's improving in leaps and bounds! haha.
Anyway, I spent money again. Went shopping last wed with my cubicle-mate, let's call her blondie, cos she really is blonde, haha. Anyway she's a really nice girl from UK and we hit it off pretty well. Love her sense of humour, its so Brit. And her fashion sense is also impeccable, and she likes earrings and shiny stuff so shopping with her has turned out to be dangerous and pressurizing on the wallet! Bought a bag for $56!! (its lovely tho, not outrageous, but it's simple and stylish and dark green and I needed a going-out bag desperately anyway, was carrying this cheap Fila bag which I see everyone else carrying!). Bought some shades for $15.90 (it's alright looking, but not as stylish as I would like it to be, but I needed something to make me look cool while rollerblading.. HAH :P), and 2 pairs of earrings which came out to $23 (I know you're thinking that's crazy, but these were special earrings! They're so pweety and intricately designed and you probably can't find those designs anywhere else. And Blondie was buying them like crazy so I had to make her feel a little bit better on herself din I? :D) Anyway, I even bought nail buffer and remover to keep my nails smooth, healthy and shiny. Ok, working has made me vain and pampered. Shit.
So by the time the weekend arrived I was feeling too poor to do any other kind of lavish spending. Me and bf did go shopping though, and I bought ESSENTIAL stuff like lab shoes. I've been needing these. Been wearing my stinky old converse shoes which is such a hassle to put on and honestly smell real bad. These are comfy and I love the soles, you'll never slip and fall in the lab ever!
Oh and here's the pictures I promised from the dress-up party. Guy in the afro is my boss, and you can see blonde cubicle-mate in there too (she's the one who develops wide anime eyes mysteriously after a few hundred sips of bombay sapphire)!
We even had a REAL Scottish man wear his kilt to the party. He was wearing shorts tho :P
When did Kermit migrate to China and take up smoking?!
I came as a giraffe btw. But I'm guessing from the pic that my friend wasn't very amused about it.
That's it for now.. will TRY to update more regularly next time :P Toodles~
The SP, 10:57 PM