The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Back with a vengeance
Good weekend to all! Sorry if you haven't been hearing much from me. I have just been uninspired to blog. One of my colleague's (my present cubicle-mate, the last one recently left for another job, present one is a girl from UK) boyfriend once mentioned over lunch that he doesn't understand the whole mania of blog-keeping. Why would anyone want to let the whole world know what they're up to, in fact why would anyone want to read about what another has done today or went today or tried out today? Are humans naturally curious kay-poh creatures? Or is it just us Singaporeans because he asked everyone of us at the lunch table, and we ALL admitted to keeping blogs. And I really do wonder how much the internet can take. I still have no idea how the internet works really. Where does all the information one chucks out into cyberspace get stored? And where does that endless capacity come from? *question mark?*
Anyway, I admit to being kaypoh. Especially in my friends' lives. Haha. So they have every right to kaypoh into my life also. But I haven't really been up to much.. its just work as usual. Did I mention I bought a new pair of roller-blades? K2 skates with pweety blue flowers on 'em. And now we blade almost every saturday morning, whole bunch of us.. bebe and her guy friend :P, labmate and his girlfriend, and me with either adrian (er, that's my boyfriend's name btw, realised I never really mentioned it), or when he can't make it, other friends who are ons for it. Alotta Singaporeans are taking up blading nowadays, you hardly see people on bikes anymore.. haha, well almost. And its nice to wheel and glide along effortlessly with the wind in your hair and sun on your shoulders. Maybe sometimes a little more effort is required on the upslopes, but the downslopes are pretty fun, albeit slightly dangerous especially if you encounter an evil seed. Damn those evil seeds!
Oh and I also bought an external mobile 60GB hard-drive to store all my music and photos (it's like having my own mini-cyberspace). It's sleek black and has blue ah-beng blinking lights. :D Cool ainit?

Now the boyfriend's hoping I can install warcraft on my laptop and play with him *rolls eyes*. Oh he finally passed his driving test. Woohoo! Which means midnight drives along the beach, oily suppers against his will, and no more rushing for the last bus/train anymore! *dances ard*
I feel like going to Thailand to look up my Thai girlfriends and go party, shopping and sight-seeing. But everyone will be busy studying for exams and doing their projects. I may end up going to Redang or somewhere with the family. Which reminds me to quickly send my documents to get my dive card! I was procrastinating on sending my details because I didn't want to send my tsunami-striken-looking photo. Recently took a more decent photograph and just look at the difference. The photo on the right was taken for my US visa at novena, when I was in a rush, sweaty and hot, and apparently with no make-up on. Ugh. Don't I just look like an illegal immigrant for some godforsaken dingy little corner of the world?

Another random pic.. of my nails a few weeks ago. Finally used that manicure/pedicure voucher you girls gave me. Was one big pampering session man, had the soles of my feet scrubbed, had all the dead skin around my toes pincered out meticulously, and the same with my hands.. minus the scrubbing. Picked a pretty lavender shade which wouldn't be obvious when it started to peel.

Went for yet another company party over the weekend.. this one was pretty fun cos we had to dress up with a wacky acessory. I wore giraffe ears.. there was an afro hair, a cat lady, tonnes of bunnies, and a man in a kilt! Will post pictures up next time. Too lazy tonight.. anyway, its my mummy's bday tomorrow.. Happy Birthday Mommy dearest! *kiss kiss hug hug*
Ai Kun liao... nites.
Anyway, I admit to being kaypoh. Especially in my friends' lives. Haha. So they have every right to kaypoh into my life also. But I haven't really been up to much.. its just work as usual. Did I mention I bought a new pair of roller-blades? K2 skates with pweety blue flowers on 'em. And now we blade almost every saturday morning, whole bunch of us.. bebe and her guy friend :P, labmate and his girlfriend, and me with either adrian (er, that's my boyfriend's name btw, realised I never really mentioned it), or when he can't make it, other friends who are ons for it. Alotta Singaporeans are taking up blading nowadays, you hardly see people on bikes anymore.. haha, well almost. And its nice to wheel and glide along effortlessly with the wind in your hair and sun on your shoulders. Maybe sometimes a little more effort is required on the upslopes, but the downslopes are pretty fun, albeit slightly dangerous especially if you encounter an evil seed. Damn those evil seeds!
Oh and I also bought an external mobile 60GB hard-drive to store all my music and photos (it's like having my own mini-cyberspace). It's sleek black and has blue ah-beng blinking lights. :D Cool ainit?

Now the boyfriend's hoping I can install warcraft on my laptop and play with him *rolls eyes*. Oh he finally passed his driving test. Woohoo! Which means midnight drives along the beach, oily suppers against his will, and no more rushing for the last bus/train anymore! *dances ard*
I feel like going to Thailand to look up my Thai girlfriends and go party, shopping and sight-seeing. But everyone will be busy studying for exams and doing their projects. I may end up going to Redang or somewhere with the family. Which reminds me to quickly send my documents to get my dive card! I was procrastinating on sending my details because I didn't want to send my tsunami-striken-looking photo. Recently took a more decent photograph and just look at the difference. The photo on the right was taken for my US visa at novena, when I was in a rush, sweaty and hot, and apparently with no make-up on. Ugh. Don't I just look like an illegal immigrant for some godforsaken dingy little corner of the world?

Another random pic.. of my nails a few weeks ago. Finally used that manicure/pedicure voucher you girls gave me. Was one big pampering session man, had the soles of my feet scrubbed, had all the dead skin around my toes pincered out meticulously, and the same with my hands.. minus the scrubbing. Picked a pretty lavender shade which wouldn't be obvious when it started to peel.

Went for yet another company party over the weekend.. this one was pretty fun cos we had to dress up with a wacky acessory. I wore giraffe ears.. there was an afro hair, a cat lady, tonnes of bunnies, and a man in a kilt! Will post pictures up next time. Too lazy tonight.. anyway, its my mummy's bday tomorrow.. Happy Birthday Mommy dearest! *kiss kiss hug hug*
Ai Kun liao... nites.
The SP, 3:25 PM
1 Comments:
finally a blog post! hehe when u intending to holiday ?? - jo
Anonymous, at 8:19 PM