The Place to be (Part II)

Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Worrying is no good for you

The boyfriend says I think too much. And I have to agree. I think about alot of things in a day, and in life generally. I suppose its more of worrying you would say. Lots of people worry about different things throughout their whole lives. Was listening to Class 95 while on the way to work and the Flying Dutchman and Glenn were asking the public about what they worried about the most. A lot of people worried about money, another lot of people worried about their children, some people worried whether there was a heaven or hell, and some worried about dying alone. Some worried about things that hadn't even happened yet, like being trapped in a building on fire, or getting into a car crash. Which is ridiculous isn't it, why waste energy worrying about something that hasn't even happened and may never happen?

Anyway, it's true, I worry about lots of things. About my career, about my parents, my brother, about whether its going to last with the boyfriend, about whether I'll be happy in the future, about what exactly my future will hold. About my health, about the health of people around me. About money. About goals in life. About what I want to achieve. To be honest, I think I'm surprisingly ambitious. I want to achieve something significant in life, something I can look back on and think WOW, I can't believe I did that. I want to do alot of things in life. I don't want to grow old wishing I could have done more when I was young. Thinking I lived a wasted life. I really feel like living overseas for a while. If I were given a chance now to study/work overseas for a few years, somewhere in the US or in Europe at least, I would grab it with open arms. Even if it meant leaving the boyfriend. If we were meant to be together, we would be able to overcome anything, even a few thousand miles. The boyfriend is very safe, he's very logical and stable, sometimes I wish he would just loosen up and do something crazy and out of the ordinary. He calculates his spendings down to the last penny, and carefully weighs out the pros and cons in every decision. It's not bad or anything, but when it comes to emotions, there's no way to deal with it logically. The fact that sometimes he does that pisses me off. Like how when I say he doesn't show enough concern sometimes, he overloads me with 'caring' questions every morning. And how he treats me nice while I was studying in my last sem, just to make sure I treat him the same way when he is doing his last sem. I mean WHO plans these things? But I know he cares for me. I just don't know if I'll be happy with someone like that. Imagine if we get married, I think he'll drive me absolutely nuts. It's not that I don't love him, believe me, I've loved him enough to be with him for this long. I don't know why though, maybe its his stupid face? Cos sometimes I still melt inside whenever I see him smile or gleam like a satisfied kid who just ate his first oreo cookie. I don't know, I'm so confused.

Bleh, anyway, here's some pictures of him (and his yummy ass) while he was setting up his computer which I (yes, ME! MOI.) helped move into hall :P





And us looking happy with my stupid fringe which is presently getting overgrown and out of hand..



This is my scabby knee which is STILL PUSS-Y after I fell down while roller-blading (a tiny seed got stuck in my wheels and I went careening.. and nope, no one caught me *grumble*)


Yeah, alrighty, get an early night ppl, its Monday againg tomorrow! But my boss is away in lombok (or smthing like that... it's near Bali) so I'll be totally unsupervised for the whole week! woOT! Goodnight peeps!
The SP, 9:58 PM

2 Comments:

i think ah...guys dont know what to do with our comments.

when we say "u're not caring enough"

they sit there mouth agape, hands suspended mid air, thinking hard and frowning before they say "so what u want me to do?"

and you cannot leave it to them to find out what to do. it'll just go to extremes.

"why you always talk to girls on friendster/msn/other chat progs etc?" = deletes friendster, blocks girls on msn.

u know, something like that.

So instead of just proclaiming..

"you're not caring enough".

perhaps, just explain why u feel what u're feeling, and how he can make things better - down to the specifics. you're talking bout the other half of the species that love the nitty gritty details of computer components - they like details so that they can follow it to the key.

so i think go about it like...

hey i need some tnging! it's fine the way things are, but once in a while tng me so that i can feel more secure? i dont need it everyday etc etc.

And i bet u...he might just go "how to tng??"

:|

guys are dense!! - jo
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 AM  
hahah... agreed. I was complaining to him about why he wasn't asking enough questions about my scabby knee. Maybe cos I subconciously blame him for NOT CATCHING ME WHEN I FELL. :P Which we talked out as well and came to the conclusion with, yes, he should have caught me, but didn't because he was afraid he would drag me down faster (how logical aye? :P) Anyway, after that he kept asking 'How's your knee? Does it still hurt?' every single morning and it eventually drove me nuts. We're fine now though, especially fine somehow. I don't know why, but he's really become kinda sweet now (wonders how long it will last) :P
Blogger The SP, at 8:53 AM  

Add a comment