The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
The weekenddddd
It's pretty sad how I'm now updating only once a week, on a weekend night. It's just so tiring to come home and switch on the computer when I've been facing one the entire day. I'd much rather laze on the couch and face a larger more colourful screen i.e. the TV.
Have you realised how local shows are never as witty and hilarious as American shows? Now that I've got cable I've been watching Seinfield alot on Starworld and I can't believe how hilarious it can get. That whole show is based on nothing and yet it can still be funny every single episode. The characters already feel like family. In the local shows everything's so predictable and it almost always has to involve lovey dovey stuff, misunderstandings and the like. Boring boring boring! ! ! Even if anyone came up with a fantastically funny script for a tv show, I doubt there'd be any talented actors/actresses who can actually pull it off. The chinese dramas on channel 8 or U seem to have lost its appeal somehow. I still remember following them religiously when I was in sec sch, probably because I didn't have cable then :|
Anyway, it's friday night and I finally went out with the boyfriend! These past few months he's been training up for his fitness test next week which involves a regime of running 2.4km on the treadmill in less than 10min every monday and friday and working out at the gym every other day. So this friday night he finally decided to give it a break and rest before the actual thing and we went out! Friday night is a nice time to go out. It just feels like a relief that another week is over and its the weekend the next day so you're entitled to sleep late and do fun stuff. So we had Kenny Roger's for dinner and walked around the massive Marina Square and had a drink in their food-court. You know the seats outside the food court overlook the esplanade and the skyline, tis was absolutely beautiful.

Singapore's a pretty place but the things to do here are simply so limited sometimes. Its like the bf and I are always cracking our heads together thinking of what to do each weekend. There's only so much you can do in Singapore:
1. Shop
2. Eat
3. Watch a movie (which I haven't been doing because we're both feeling poor)
4. Roller-blade (cycling is out of the question because I am a cycling hazard)
5. Canoe at MacRitchie (any takers?)
6. Visit each other's homes
What else is there to do which isn't costly (i.e. going for a cruise) or lame (i.e. flying a kite)? So this sat I'm going to his house to make some cannelloni (literally translated as "big tubes", this pasta is rolled around a savory filling, topped with a sauce and baked). Hope it turns out alright. Then after that I'll be meeting the now known as 'friends who are always late' (heh) for early dinner before heading to a colleague's farewell party at his place in Farrer park. Packed saturday it is.. will lug my camera along and try to take pics.
Okay it's late, I should sleep, although I'll prob end up staying up late surfing aimlessly. I like doing that on weekend nights somehow. Just another way to waste time. Hah.. nites ppl.
Have you realised how local shows are never as witty and hilarious as American shows? Now that I've got cable I've been watching Seinfield alot on Starworld and I can't believe how hilarious it can get. That whole show is based on nothing and yet it can still be funny every single episode. The characters already feel like family. In the local shows everything's so predictable and it almost always has to involve lovey dovey stuff, misunderstandings and the like. Boring boring boring! ! ! Even if anyone came up with a fantastically funny script for a tv show, I doubt there'd be any talented actors/actresses who can actually pull it off. The chinese dramas on channel 8 or U seem to have lost its appeal somehow. I still remember following them religiously when I was in sec sch, probably because I didn't have cable then :|
Anyway, it's friday night and I finally went out with the boyfriend! These past few months he's been training up for his fitness test next week which involves a regime of running 2.4km on the treadmill in less than 10min every monday and friday and working out at the gym every other day. So this friday night he finally decided to give it a break and rest before the actual thing and we went out! Friday night is a nice time to go out. It just feels like a relief that another week is over and its the weekend the next day so you're entitled to sleep late and do fun stuff. So we had Kenny Roger's for dinner and walked around the massive Marina Square and had a drink in their food-court. You know the seats outside the food court overlook the esplanade and the skyline, tis was absolutely beautiful.

Singapore's a pretty place but the things to do here are simply so limited sometimes. Its like the bf and I are always cracking our heads together thinking of what to do each weekend. There's only so much you can do in Singapore:
1. Shop
2. Eat
3. Watch a movie (which I haven't been doing because we're both feeling poor)
4. Roller-blade (cycling is out of the question because I am a cycling hazard)
5. Canoe at MacRitchie (any takers?)
6. Visit each other's homes
What else is there to do which isn't costly (i.e. going for a cruise) or lame (i.e. flying a kite)? So this sat I'm going to his house to make some cannelloni (literally translated as "big tubes", this pasta is rolled around a savory filling, topped with a sauce and baked). Hope it turns out alright. Then after that I'll be meeting the now known as 'friends who are always late' (heh) for early dinner before heading to a colleague's farewell party at his place in Farrer park. Packed saturday it is.. will lug my camera along and try to take pics.
Okay it's late, I should sleep, although I'll prob end up staying up late surfing aimlessly. I like doing that on weekend nights somehow. Just another way to waste time. Hah.. nites ppl.
The SP, 12:15 AM