The Place to be (Part II)

Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Tanglin weekend

Sorry for that angsty post. Everything's sorted out now and we are a-okay. Here's some pictures of where we went on saturday. I was feeling poor after escaping the treacherous grips of the MANGO sale monster (escaped but brutally bruised) so I wasn't really keen on shopping much. We took a walk down to Tanglin instead...



Behold a little part of Singapore that doesn't really look like Singapore. While walking down the little walkways of the holland-ish shophouses, passing Tanglin shopping centre and approaching Tanglin Court (hoping I get the names right), we found ourselves in the midst of a busy flea market.



You see that girl in blue who's sitting against the pillar and turning away from the camera? That was Cynthia Koh! She seems to be selling her clothes, bf and I postulated that this must be her only source of income now that she's hardly seen on TV anymore. The flow of acting contracts must be leaking to a halt. Let's check out her loot...



Hmm, doesn't seem too bad. Well, I couldn't bring myself to ruffle through the heaps of 2nd-hand clothes. And I was honestly apalled by the fact that 2nd-hand SHOES were being sold. Shoes! And some of those shoes didn't look brand new or anything, some actually looked worn and old and possibly reeking with foot odour! Eww.

Anyhow, we decided to chill for the day (or rather I did), and planted ourselves at Coffee Bean to drink calorie-laded frappucinos and watch the world go by.



Boyfriend being boyfriend, refused to drink any form of calories and settled on berry tea. He wasn't very happy with it.



Check out all the mozzie bites on his face. That's what reservist does to you.. haha. :x

We still had fun.



So I guess men say stupid things sometimes which they don't really mean, but what else's new? :P It's gonna be a monday again! PHoOEy.
The SP, 9:49 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment