The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Party-hardy Saturday
So today was pretty fun!
Had a weird dream about missing a tour bus the night before, thus was struggling to wake up from my dreamy stupor. Was supposed to meet the boyfriend at Jason's supermart to get our ingredients for our cannelloni adventure. Ended up slightly late but I should hardly feel guilty about it because in actual fact he had been there since ten-ish looking for ingredients himself and making up his own mind about what to get! So I had absolutely no influence in his choice of cheese, pasta and sauce! Rawr! But I did manage to convince him to get the Sangria which turned out yummy :)
Sangria [san-GREE-uh]: The blood-red color of this beverage inspired its name, which is derived from the Spanish word for "blood." Sangria is made with red wine, fruit juices, soda water, fruit and sometimes liqueurs and brandy or cognac. Sangria blanco (white sangria) is made with white wine. Both are served cold over ice and make a refreshing cooler on a hot summer day.
It's just too bad I forgot to take pictures of our yummy cannellonis!!! It turned out tasty but slighty overdone. Ended up meeting the bf's whole family man. We had lunch with the sis and cousin who are all nice and young and girly (reminscent of self back in the old days :|) then the parents started coming back from work/facial one by one. Darn it. Heh, finally met the dad though and he seems alright (i.e. not as strict and fierce-looking as the bf had warned, but I should know by now that bf's an excellent exaggerator and I shouldn't trust a word he says the next time :P).
Anyway we hid out in his room for most of the afternoon watching Project Runway. I know.. my boyfriend loves watching project runway, the bachelor, and the apprentice .. and no, I don't think he's gay (yet), evidence being he nearly puked and went green watching Brokeback Mountain. haha.
Well after that I had to depart to meet the 'friends who are always late' (but have now been slightly redeemed :P) for dinner and we tried this lovely jap restaurant at Wheelock called the Sun and the Moon. Had heard raving comments about it from the admin auntie at the workplace. AND yes, it lived up to its reputation. The salmon sashimi WAS TO DIE FOR. JUST LOOK AT IT.

And the avocado soft shell crab sushi with fish roe was great too. Pork (butt)cheeks were pepperish and tasty and the crabmeat hot pot thing with spinach reminded me a bit of claypot beancurd. Mount fuji (i.e. green tea ice kacang) was pretty huge and caused mae to brainfreeze.

After that I rushed off to Farrer Park which actually isn't very far from Orchard and met the colleagues for a Brit party-hardy farewell party. There was alot of cocktail mixing in saucepans, durians, twister, chips, music, dummy shit next to the toilet bowl etc. etc. We stayed till 1am can ya believe it? Mostly just laughing at people getting all twisted up with butts in their faces (smelling fart for sure), munching on chips, nuahing on the couch and sipping malibu mixes, red wine and who knows what. Also tasted some suspicious-looking tiramisu. It was a farewell party for a brit who was going back to the UK to study for his PhD.. (he's the one who keeps licking people in the pics). And yes that thing in the picture is the suspicious-looking tiramisu which tasted tasteless, watery and altogether Raw. The guy who was leaving made it, probably in a secret mission to poison us all to make sure we literally couldn't survive without him.

Anyway, I ate durian and sprayed hot durian breath into my durian-hating boss' face. I'm wondering if that was the right thing to do now. Hm. Haha. Oh well, I guess I could claim I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing when I see him at work on Monday. :D
Unbelievably, my parents are up now watching the world cup (USA vs. Italy). Perhaps should join them.. laterz!
Had a weird dream about missing a tour bus the night before, thus was struggling to wake up from my dreamy stupor. Was supposed to meet the boyfriend at Jason's supermart to get our ingredients for our cannelloni adventure. Ended up slightly late but I should hardly feel guilty about it because in actual fact he had been there since ten-ish looking for ingredients himself and making up his own mind about what to get! So I had absolutely no influence in his choice of cheese, pasta and sauce! Rawr! But I did manage to convince him to get the Sangria which turned out yummy :)
Sangria [san-GREE-uh]: The blood-red color of this beverage inspired its name, which is derived from the Spanish word for "blood." Sangria is made with red wine, fruit juices, soda water, fruit and sometimes liqueurs and brandy or cognac. Sangria blanco (white sangria) is made with white wine. Both are served cold over ice and make a refreshing cooler on a hot summer day.
It's just too bad I forgot to take pictures of our yummy cannellonis!!! It turned out tasty but slighty overdone. Ended up meeting the bf's whole family man. We had lunch with the sis and cousin who are all nice and young and girly (reminscent of self back in the old days :|) then the parents started coming back from work/facial one by one. Darn it. Heh, finally met the dad though and he seems alright (i.e. not as strict and fierce-looking as the bf had warned, but I should know by now that bf's an excellent exaggerator and I shouldn't trust a word he says the next time :P).
Anyway we hid out in his room for most of the afternoon watching Project Runway. I know.. my boyfriend loves watching project runway, the bachelor, and the apprentice .. and no, I don't think he's gay (yet), evidence being he nearly puked and went green watching Brokeback Mountain. haha.
Well after that I had to depart to meet the 'friends who are always late' (but have now been slightly redeemed :P) for dinner and we tried this lovely jap restaurant at Wheelock called the Sun and the Moon. Had heard raving comments about it from the admin auntie at the workplace. AND yes, it lived up to its reputation. The salmon sashimi WAS TO DIE FOR. JUST LOOK AT IT.
And the avocado soft shell crab sushi with fish roe was great too. Pork (butt)cheeks were pepperish and tasty and the crabmeat hot pot thing with spinach reminded me a bit of claypot beancurd. Mount fuji (i.e. green tea ice kacang) was pretty huge and caused mae to brainfreeze.
After that I rushed off to Farrer Park which actually isn't very far from Orchard and met the colleagues for a Brit party-hardy farewell party. There was alot of cocktail mixing in saucepans, durians, twister, chips, music, dummy shit next to the toilet bowl etc. etc. We stayed till 1am can ya believe it? Mostly just laughing at people getting all twisted up with butts in their faces (smelling fart for sure), munching on chips, nuahing on the couch and sipping malibu mixes, red wine and who knows what. Also tasted some suspicious-looking tiramisu. It was a farewell party for a brit who was going back to the UK to study for his PhD.. (he's the one who keeps licking people in the pics). And yes that thing in the picture is the suspicious-looking tiramisu which tasted tasteless, watery and altogether Raw. The guy who was leaving made it, probably in a secret mission to poison us all to make sure we literally couldn't survive without him.
Anyway, I ate durian and sprayed hot durian breath into my durian-hating boss' face. I'm wondering if that was the right thing to do now. Hm. Haha. Oh well, I guess I could claim I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing when I see him at work on Monday. :D
Unbelievably, my parents are up now watching the world cup (USA vs. Italy). Perhaps should join them.. laterz!
The SP, 2:37 AM
1 Comments:
u blog faster than i thought! :P
Anonymous, at 9:02 AM