The Place to be (Part II)

Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

More birthdays!

Sorry I haven't been blogging very regularly. I've just been pretty busy and am rather wary of accessing my blog from work. Have heard of people being fired for complaining too much about their work on their blogs :\ And it doesn't seem right to be blogging from work. Perhaps during lunch-time but still, the whole 'big brother is watching' theory kind of scares me. Imagine if there really was someone monitoring your every move on a CCTV and there has never been an existence of a real private moment. Kind of like "GOD IS WATCHING" isn't it. Talking about God, I really think I'll be going to hell. Let's not even delve into the all non-Christians go to hell theory. My JOB involves KILLING innocent animals for god's sake (sorry for using your name in vain, God.) I'm not entirely thrilled about it. But someone has to do it. And it is for a greater cause. Did you ever know that people over the age of 80 have a 50% chance of getting Alzheimer's? I had no clue it was that wide-spread. It's almost like, on your 80th birthday, your chances of going insane get doubled. Acutally, growing old scares me. Seriously.

I never really thought of myself as old before. But after my 23rd birthday (okay I know I'm still young but listen to me!), I realised how fast time is just going to fly by. Especially when you're going to work everyday, coming home and then going to work again. Time just ticks by day-by-day and before you know it, you're hitting 30. ISN'T THAT FREAKY? And it doesn't help when people around me are telling me to avoid the sun because it may lead to ageing spots and blemishes, or to stop eating chicken skin altogether to avoid getting a heart attack when you're 50. And don't even talk about the number of people dying. It's depressing. Within a span of a week, 3 people I know of have died. One was the father of a labmate, another was the mother of an old classmate and the last was a fellow hall-mate who was battling leukemia. It's just really saddening when a death occurs, the fact of knowing someone is never going to be coming back and that that fact would haunt their loved ones probably for the rest of their lives. Then I look at my parents. My dad just celebrated his 62nd birthday. He seems to have lost weight and his hands tremble when he holds something for too long. And both my parents seem to be increasingly suffering from muscle/tendon aches as well as memory loss. What's the deal with that? All this time I thought they were perfectly healthy people, and then they pull scary shit like that. I know it isn't their fault, but its getting rather worrying. I would break down entirely if anything untoward happened to either of them. Boyfriend says he knows how I feel and is getting his dad to eat more and work out to build up muscle mass because as you grow old, your muscles tend to waste away. But my dad can't WORK-OUT for nuts! He's probably never lifted a dumb-bell in his entire life. He looks so fragile and weak and he's still enjoying his carrot cake and char kway teow :S Sigh, well at least they're taking Tai Chi. Hopefully, the 'Qi' does exist and can help in the longevity and well-being department.


Anyhow, happy birthday daddy.

Ok, that's enough morbid and depressing thoughts for now. Boyfriend's birthday was last wednesday :) (Yup, three geminis sitting in a tree) We went to a mediterranean restaurant called Esmirada. The food there was pretty good, service good too, and they smash plates later on in the night. Now that's just guaranteed fun :P Anyway, I got the boy a black Ipod Nano 1GB with a matching fierce black sports arm-band. I know you're thinking I'm either being excessively generous or I'm just plain rich. But nope, you're not considering the Bonia handbag he got for me on my birthday, and that schweet diamond ring he handed me on our 1st yr anni. So how could I JUST get him a Rip-Curl T-shirt aye!? Understandably, we've decided not to get gifts anymore and just treat ourselves to meals on future birthdays lest we start buying houses and cars for each other :P


Boyfriend gleaming with a sparkler in his tiramisu, kissing me with utmost gratitude on reception of the best gift ever, throwing a plate, and showing off the coolest gift ever. And food. Mainly seafood, garlic bread and paella (i.e. A saffron-flavored Spanish dish made with varying combinations of rice, vegetables, meat, chicken, and seafood).

We went to the PC fair at Suntec today. Super-duper crowded. I wish they would come up with a better way to walk to Suntec. Today, everyone was squeezed on that little narrow bridge and the escalators weren't working! Rawr! And guess what, we're going again tomorrow.. this time, to REALLY get the stuff. hah. The boyfriend wants to do his internet research and make sure the 'best' buy is really the best buy :| Oh well, love is full of sacrifice ain't it :P Love will leave the LSTs (long skinny things) in the dust and put the SMPLs (short, moderately pudgy ladies) high high up on a pedestal :D

AND OH YES, I finally applied for the UOB ladies card *prances around*!

The SP, 1:49 AM

1 Comments:

waaaah!!! 30k per anum lei!

no ladies card for me :(

happy birthday adrian btw.

cheers, jo
Blogger jo, at 10:06 PM  

Add a comment