The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Thursday, May 18, 2006
The week before I start work
This is my last week of total freedom from the restraints of employment and studenthood. I am presently free from the obligations of most adult responsibilities and am determined to make full use of this period to have as much fun as possible.
What I did this week
Monday: I slacked at home.
Tuesday: I slacked at home.
Afterwhich, I had enough of slacking at home. It was fun though. I woke up around lunch time, mum's always around now so I usually have lunch readily made for me. Then I read the newspapers, or watched cable, surfed the net, basically being a bum. But too much of slacking, although enjoyable may get boring as well. So..
Wednesday: I went out with jo! We cut our hair at Far East and did quite a bit of shopping. I had 200 dollars worth of Robinson's vouchers to spend (a gift from my uncle) and good thing there was a Robinson's sale going on too! Bought tonnes of make-up and those all-important lady garments which I was in desperate need of, namely bras. Tangs Studio was also having a sale with all their shoes going at 50% off! I went crazy and bought myself 2 pairs :D (only $64 in total!) Check them out..


Aren't they pretty? Can ya tell which one's for work and which one's for play? :P
Poor jo was claustraphobic from the Robinson auntie crowd, heh. We then found ourselves eating banmian at an ulu foodcourt which I bet no one knows exists in the depths of centrepoint. Then we went to Iguana's.. haha. And drowned ourselves in magaritas and tortilla chips. Woot!

Me and Jo and our new haircuts :D
Thursday: Went roller-blading with Suling! I now know its a 30 min walk from my house to East Coast. I didn't realise it was that far, heh. Anyway, we started off the day with a full (and cholesterol-rich) meal of sausage mcmuffins and hash browns before blading till the end of the seafood centre side. Apparently, age is taking its toll and our limbs were getting achy, so we had a nice cool drink at the hawker centre before surrendering my skates up 15 min early. Took a bus down to check out SMU grounds. Su says the TCC cafe there is very romantic in the evenings. Haha. Walau, SMU is like a freaking shopping centre. Got Watsons, Killeny Kopitiam, UOB, Macdonalds, Mr Bean and dunno what else. And its right smack in the middle of town. Going to school there is probably like a damned shopping expedition, those SMU brats (who have everything)! Shopped a bit at Plaza Sing before heading home for dinner. Parents were on the way out to Parkway, caught them in time and tagged along. Was pretty exhausted though. No pics of this day cause I travelled light with no bag, only money, hp and a few cards. I even refused to carry socks and Su ended up with my smelly socks given by the blading auntie in her bag and its probably now being hung above her bed at home so that she remembers the lovely time we spent together *smirk*.
Friday: Went down to Spdwing to ask them why my US taxes are so screwed up. I was supposed to get 400 back but the US tax federation sent me a cheque mind you for 9 US dollars. What a great souveneir they must think they're giving me. Brings back memories of their innate quality of being hopelessly inefficient. I can just imagine them in the office typing out the cheque for 9 dollars and thinking 'this must be ALOT of money for them poor Asians in Singapore... where is that anyway? Oh yea its part of China!'. Anyway, the lady at Spdwing wasn't in so they say she'll get back to me on monday, which I highly suspect cos they're not very efficient either. Must be because of their association with the USians. Hah.
Met up with Gigi and Shan for dinner at Marina Square. Ate at some Jap restaurant which I can't recall the name of now.. starts with a W. It wasn't too bad. The place was pretty crowded so service was rather lacking but they were trying I guess. Dessert was pretty nice tho. Green tea ice cream, red bean paste and some mini-tangyuans. Had some beef and rice. I think I must have been pretty hungry cos I ate so fast and had to wait awhile for Gi and Shan to finish. hah. Anyway, being a teacher must be hard these days cos they were lamenting about the stress of lesson-planing, dealing with their CTs and being graded upon and stuff. I can imagine how it must be, being so strictly supervised and graded and having to follow some tedious protocol set by those old fogey teachers who probably take great joy in seeing the young ones try so hard. I doubt the old teachers had THAT much work to do when they were starting out. It didn't occur to me that my teachers led such busy lives, they never seemed really stressed out or anything. Maybe its cos after you've done it for years it becomes second nature. Anyway here's some pics of us at dinner.




After dinner drinks ensued again. We wanted to go to New Asia Bar, but a necessary cover charge of 22 bucks led us instead to the bar beside it called City Jazz (I think its called that :\). I ordered The After Nine (ironically, it was after nine! hah), a mix of bailey's, kahlua, creme de cacao.. absolutely yummy. Gi had a Malibu mix with pineapple, and Shan had a mocktail cos of her alcohol allergy (the poor thing). We nuahed on the couch and munched on really good roasted cashew nuts. It was good catching up with them, felt just like the good old times where we could stone in one person's room and talk cock till morning.

Doesn't my hair look crazy? Haha, I assue you there was no wind in that place.
Alright, that's enough cam-whoring for the week. Oh wait, going out with the boyfriend tomorrow. Haha, ok, more cam-whoring next time then. Goodnite ppl.
What I did this week
Monday: I slacked at home.
Tuesday: I slacked at home.
Afterwhich, I had enough of slacking at home. It was fun though. I woke up around lunch time, mum's always around now so I usually have lunch readily made for me. Then I read the newspapers, or watched cable, surfed the net, basically being a bum. But too much of slacking, although enjoyable may get boring as well. So..
Wednesday: I went out with jo! We cut our hair at Far East and did quite a bit of shopping. I had 200 dollars worth of Robinson's vouchers to spend (a gift from my uncle) and good thing there was a Robinson's sale going on too! Bought tonnes of make-up and those all-important lady garments which I was in desperate need of, namely bras. Tangs Studio was also having a sale with all their shoes going at 50% off! I went crazy and bought myself 2 pairs :D (only $64 in total!) Check them out..
Aren't they pretty? Can ya tell which one's for work and which one's for play? :P
Poor jo was claustraphobic from the Robinson auntie crowd, heh. We then found ourselves eating banmian at an ulu foodcourt which I bet no one knows exists in the depths of centrepoint. Then we went to Iguana's.. haha. And drowned ourselves in magaritas and tortilla chips. Woot!
Me and Jo and our new haircuts :D
Thursday: Went roller-blading with Suling! I now know its a 30 min walk from my house to East Coast. I didn't realise it was that far, heh. Anyway, we started off the day with a full (and cholesterol-rich) meal of sausage mcmuffins and hash browns before blading till the end of the seafood centre side. Apparently, age is taking its toll and our limbs were getting achy, so we had a nice cool drink at the hawker centre before surrendering my skates up 15 min early. Took a bus down to check out SMU grounds. Su says the TCC cafe there is very romantic in the evenings. Haha. Walau, SMU is like a freaking shopping centre. Got Watsons, Killeny Kopitiam, UOB, Macdonalds, Mr Bean and dunno what else. And its right smack in the middle of town. Going to school there is probably like a damned shopping expedition, those SMU brats (who have everything)! Shopped a bit at Plaza Sing before heading home for dinner. Parents were on the way out to Parkway, caught them in time and tagged along. Was pretty exhausted though. No pics of this day cause I travelled light with no bag, only money, hp and a few cards. I even refused to carry socks and Su ended up with my smelly socks given by the blading auntie in her bag and its probably now being hung above her bed at home so that she remembers the lovely time we spent together *smirk*.
Friday: Went down to Spdwing to ask them why my US taxes are so screwed up. I was supposed to get 400 back but the US tax federation sent me a cheque mind you for 9 US dollars. What a great souveneir they must think they're giving me. Brings back memories of their innate quality of being hopelessly inefficient. I can just imagine them in the office typing out the cheque for 9 dollars and thinking 'this must be ALOT of money for them poor Asians in Singapore... where is that anyway? Oh yea its part of China!'. Anyway, the lady at Spdwing wasn't in so they say she'll get back to me on monday, which I highly suspect cos they're not very efficient either. Must be because of their association with the USians. Hah.
Met up with Gigi and Shan for dinner at Marina Square. Ate at some Jap restaurant which I can't recall the name of now.. starts with a W. It wasn't too bad. The place was pretty crowded so service was rather lacking but they were trying I guess. Dessert was pretty nice tho. Green tea ice cream, red bean paste and some mini-tangyuans. Had some beef and rice. I think I must have been pretty hungry cos I ate so fast and had to wait awhile for Gi and Shan to finish. hah. Anyway, being a teacher must be hard these days cos they were lamenting about the stress of lesson-planing, dealing with their CTs and being graded upon and stuff. I can imagine how it must be, being so strictly supervised and graded and having to follow some tedious protocol set by those old fogey teachers who probably take great joy in seeing the young ones try so hard. I doubt the old teachers had THAT much work to do when they were starting out. It didn't occur to me that my teachers led such busy lives, they never seemed really stressed out or anything. Maybe its cos after you've done it for years it becomes second nature. Anyway here's some pics of us at dinner.
After dinner drinks ensued again. We wanted to go to New Asia Bar, but a necessary cover charge of 22 bucks led us instead to the bar beside it called City Jazz (I think its called that :\). I ordered The After Nine (ironically, it was after nine! hah), a mix of bailey's, kahlua, creme de cacao.. absolutely yummy. Gi had a Malibu mix with pineapple, and Shan had a mocktail cos of her alcohol allergy (the poor thing). We nuahed on the couch and munched on really good roasted cashew nuts. It was good catching up with them, felt just like the good old times where we could stone in one person's room and talk cock till morning.
Doesn't my hair look crazy? Haha, I assue you there was no wind in that place.
Alright, that's enough cam-whoring for the week. Oh wait, going out with the boyfriend tomorrow. Haha, ok, more cam-whoring next time then. Goodnite ppl.
The SP, 11:52 PM
2 Comments:
Anonymous, at 11:42 PM
So much for your stange recycling methods but Gal, the socks were tossed out the next morning
, at 12:12 PM
lovely cashew nuts they have... and it's free flow! the long island tea is pretty good too, but pricy.
Gillian