The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Living life like da road-runner

Doesn't this look like a Ms Singapore pose.. hah. The contestents are damn ugly this year tho!!!! *pui*
Life's been a blur. Things going by so fast, deadlines one after another, as well as failed expts one after another. Don't think I've ever been this busy in my life, haha. Even the boyfriend is free-er than me now, and never fails to irritate me by singing really bad falsetto's in an attempt to copy Ace Young's Butterflies, or by demonstrating his unclamped freedom by sitting on my bed and reading the newspaper's while humming/singing to himself, while I sit at the desk trying my hardest to get some real work done.
But I guess I'm also at my most efficient? Looking at my calendar everyday and seeing what tasks lie ahead and which one requires the most immediate attention, focussing on getting it done, and then proudly ticking it off my task-list when done with it. Did you all realise Microsoft Outlook has an organiser/calendar? It's pretty neat.
It's real stressful tho'. I think some people though, have never really encountered real pure stress before in their lives. Ever get that feeling where it seems the weight of the world lies on your shoulders, you walk around with a constant nagging thought of whether you had forgotten anything and while sitting on the toilet bowl, you contemplate and plan what you're supposed to be doing and mentally give death-threats to yourself if those things don't get done? Yea, well, that's pretty much how I feel most of the time now. So don't mind me if I seem lost in thought or you catch a distant far-off look in my eyes, I'm probably going through the next day's protocol in my mind, measuring cylinders and all.
At the same time I guess its a challenge though. I get this feeling that I'm doing alot of things in a day, and that's kinda satisfying. However it does get frustrating when you do many things in a day for naught. Like when you get western blots which look like they've been drenched in black ink :|
And I realised that I may have possibly screwed up my own chances of getting a job. Kind of mentioned the job and company to a friend in passing, and she applied for the same thing and met the same guy, and talked about the same stuff. :| Hm, it could either mean he's hiring more than one person, or that he's PLAYING THE FIELD. DAMMIT. Sent out another wave of resumes in my state of panic, shock and despairing doom, seeing as I was competing with a bloody USP (uni scholaarrr lar) student. But she's nice lar, the type I think I can get along with damn well if given the chance to hang out with more. Hope its the former. Sigh.
Alright, bath-time.

I wear goggles and breathe through a tube when I take a bath. How 'bout yoo?
The SP, 7:41 PM