The Place to be (Part II)

Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sex and morality

Do you think the world today is in a complete mess? As time goes on and on, things change and change. Technology gets more advanced, globalisation is inevitable, global warming, environmental pollution, world population growing, but a specific question comes to my mind, or is more or less persistently making its reappearance. Are people losing their morality? I doubt it though. You still see some acts of kindness and humanity in the world today, but everything is getting so commercialised these days. Like the image of women. I guess they've always had it tough but have you been watching MTV these days? Geez, the number of wet, almost naked, grinding bronze bodies are almost an everyday affair. And I bet you more people are having sex now than ever before. So is sex associated with morality then? And does having more sex make you a bad person?

And the worse thing about it is that people don't really like to talk openly about sex. So the issue is hidden and the extent of it's popularity or rather practice, becomes literally an under-the-blanket affair, where nobody really knows. I guess what triggered all these questions is finding out that someone I didn't really know quite so well, but always thought I had a vague idea of what she was all about, really surprised me. And of course the revelation of how bad men really are. How they talk about what they do to their girlfriends, or their trips to Geylang, to their fellow attentive audience of buddies, like a proud parent showing off his child prodigy. But in this case its more of a how long did it last, what did you make her do, what did you do to her, all possibly said in a trophy cabinet exhibitionist cheery kinda way. I guess not all men are like that, but its interesting or perhaps disgusting to know how low some can go. Sigh I don't know... what else can we expect from men aye. But women! Not the women! My so-called 'acquaintance' was actually said to have started off an orgy involving 3 men and herself. Which sent me reeling in a rather shocked, bemused, non-believing then later disgusted, incredulous, how-could-she kind of reaction. I think all people have reasons for doing what they do, so she must have had her reasons, but the person I essentially perceived? To be capable of such a thing? Disbelieving and kinda grossed out is what it made me feel.

I used to think sex was alright. I mean, its not something to be given out indiscrimanately or carelessly what with the number of diseases flying about. But its more of an expression of trust and intimacy, accompanied with far-flung (the kind that sends you reeling off to the moon, orbiting around it, and back again) passion and out-of-this-world physical highs. But then I realise more people nowadays are concentrating on the far-flung bit rather than the trust and intimacy bit. I guess humans are humans, and we tend to get carried away by our hormones and do crazy stupid things sometimes. We of course have a right to, but there has to be a limit right? When does it become okay to fuck more than 40 people or have sex with more than one person at a time? Is the world today really making all of this seemingly normal and everyday? It seems so when you watch Sex and the City or when you visit sleazy places, I mean children are being used as sexslaves in Thailand! What the hell is wrong with this world. We're actually letting the adrenaline rush to our brains achieved in an orgasm make it okay for ruining lives, demoralising society and cheapening the expression of love. And then some people are argueing that saving yourself for marriage is a conservatist and traditionalist view, entrenched from Asian values, which have no place in the modern world of democracy today (read sarongpartygirl). So the freedom of speech, of liberty, of human rights also includes the freedom to consumate Anything (including animals and children) in any form physically allowed. I know it isn't legal to consumate children but do you know teens in America as young as 16 are fighting with their own mothers over their right to have their own baby? The Jerry Springer show.. hah, that's a real eye-opener. It's no wonder AIDS is spreading, people don't think anymore, they only want to have fun, and then tell their buddies what they did the next day over kopi or beer.

So now sex is more important to me. And I'm not about to give it up unless.. you know.. the time comes. Where the right person is there, the timing is right and everything is perfect. Yeah, I guess I had to get that off my chest. Good night peeps.


On a sidenote, just check out this new leather sofa cleaning detergent my mum bought??? Isn't it bloody amazing?!
The SP, 12:51 AM

1 Comments:

why suddenly so hung up bout sex har?

actually, in our Singapore society, the value of a person is made lesser by the fact that that person is not a virgin - and the person is usually the female. if a guy is not a virgin, it's seen as a positive form of sexual prowess. not fair right?

i do agree that society is getting more open with regards to sex. everyone seems to be - er hmm - fucking, it seems, so much so it's not about intimacy but about "getting off". but i think ah, our parents time oso they not as angelic as they seemed to be, but more like they don't talk about being "naughty" as openly as pple do today.

personally, i'd be abit freaked if my hubby has been around quite a bit. not to say, he must be a virgin, but more like if he's the kind who gets shacked up with a different girl everyweek, or have multiple gfs (tens and twenties of them eh) who he'd slept with.

it's not about morality, don't get me wrong. it's about safety. if u've been around, are u disease free? who did your previous partner sleep with before sleeping with u?

and what defines "promiscuity" ? having multiple one night stands, of sexual relationships with a steady long term partners over a period of time (not more than 1 partner at a time lah).

so perplexing right? the world seems pretty empty, when it's all about fucking, but what matters is what YOU think. :) - jo
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 PM  

Add a comment