The Place to be (Part II)

Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Year Resolutions


Its always great having a flock to fly with :)

Its the new year and its time for resolutions. One wonders how this whole resolution thing got going. Its not like every resolution is going to come true. People don't really have it in them to stick through it all, they tend to get tempted and fall by the wayside on the path to that ultimate goal they set themselves up with in the beginning of the year. It's stupid really, all these new year resolutions. But hell, I'm going to make a list anyway.

1. Pull my cap up to above 4. Hell, I tell myself this EVERY SINGLE FREAKING semester and the most it goes up by is like a 0.02. Its pathetic. But of course I can only blame myself I suppose. I shall be a complete freak and do subpoints to this resolution to ensure I totally fulfil it.
- Make a calendar and plan out what I am supposed to do within the week. I wanted to put every single day but I felt that would be a tad too extreme. Would it? hah.
- Make sure I carry out those plans.
- Give myself a good smack in the head and a telling-off if I find myself doing nothing for too long a period. This ensures subpoint 2 gets done.
- Not get too carried away by silly thoughts about things that are not essential to the main objective (see main point 1)
- Give myself encouraging pep-talks periodically to make sure I do everything to the best of my ability. Use 'leaving an ever-lasting legendary trail of successes and accomplishments' as inspiring baton to pass on inexhaustable energy to inner spirit so as to accomplish aforementioned task(s). As they say, isn't it all in the mind?

2. Get a good job
This is tricky but essential to the outcome of my future lifestyle. I need something interesting, challenging, dynamic and hopefully pays well. To accomplish this:
- write a stunning and impressive folder-binded resume, plus cover letter, plus personal particulars, interests, accomplishments so far and send it out to prospective well-established companies. You know I was fine with just emailing them a copy of my resume and a little note/letter but dad has convinced me to do the former. So don't look at me that way!
- send it out before anyone else does. Hahaha.
- you know once I get a good job and start working and earning the big bucks I can accomplish main point 3 and 4 (see below).

3. Look beautiful
This is more of a whim than anything else. It involves clothes, makeup, shoes, amore lessons, hair appliances, intelligent gadgets. Everything I ever wanted to have but didn't have the money to afford. I know some people out there may have the impression that I'm a rich little princess but believe you me I am so not. Of course I understand I may not make that much. And besides, I should be saving money for more important unmaterialistic stuff. I know I know, but at least give me a leetle bit to play with every month and I will be appropriately satiated.

4. Make parents happy
If I earn big and get to save up enough I want to send them on an unforgettable vacation and get them to retire for good at long bloody last.

5. Be an understanding friend/daughter/sister/girlfriend/dog-owner
All the material things in the world can never replace the warm relationships I have with the people in my life. So friends, you know you're important. I may look busy sometimes and all but I don't think I'll ever be too busy for a phonecall or a drink (be it alcoholic/non-alcoholic). I'll probably be busy next semester tho, hahaha. But I should be a total socialite when I start working :P I hope. Boyfriend doesn't read this but I hope it works out for us. My resolution in the relationship is to not let my thoughts drift too much and get out of hand. Notice and treasure whatever he's already done and reciprocate in kind. Always take it easy, enjoy the company and ride the waves. Too much thinking kills the relationship sometimes. So just enjoy the company for now. And when the going gets tough, be there. And know that everything will be alright in the end. That line ALWAYS sounds so reassuring doncha think? Oh and I shall not forget the family and bring the doggies out for walks more frequently. :P

Alrighty that's enough resolutions for the day. Hope you guys have a great 2006! :D
The SP, 1:11 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment