The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Can I be Rory Gilmore for a day?

This is Ground Zero, where the World Trade Center buildings used to stand. People stand by the sidelines looking at the empty space, posters and timelines remind of us what happened that day. And heroes' names are forever engraved and remembered.

Been ages I know, but inspiration didn't hit me, so yeah. I just realised ALOT of the people I see everyday have blogs. Haha. There's a whole community of life sci kids with blogs and I didn't even know it. Owell, more interesting I suppose, can read what's going on in other life-sciency lives. Boring life-sciency lives.. urgh.
Boyfriend is stressing out and may be resorting to taking caffeine/taurine pills. His capacity for caffeine is horrifying, 10 scoops of coffee powder at one shot?! I worry for him. But what can I do? He's so intent on not sleeping for 6 days in a row just to study and make sure he doesn't fail. And I can't provide any alternative that may possibly help. Apparently, men are cavemen anyway. They go into their little caves and figure things out themselves and then emerge when they've 'solved' the problem. And there's absolutely no point changing them, cos they're just born that way :|
Exams are in less than 2 weeks time. Honestly, I have never been so prepared for any exam ever in my life. Well almost. I think I was pretty prepared in sec sch/jc, don't remember any stressing out problems then. Uni life is full of distractions. But fun distractions. :P Well maybe not fun all the time. Last night roomies and I watched 2 episodes of Gilmore girls in a row. And I so love Rory Gilmore's hair, and her round glassy eyes, and her height and slenderness, she looks like a life-sized porcelain doll. And that show is so witty, I cannot stand it. No normal Singaporean talks like that, yet I wish some would, it would make life so much more entertaining. I think I'm a sucker for conversations. Just last wkend I was criticizing boyfriend for talking about shallow superficial stuff and even though he does (heh), its not exactly his fault, cos right now his life is shallow and superficial. Its all study, sleep, wake up, go out with me, jcrc, and that's it, he has no time for other friends, or reading the newspapers, or what not. I guess he's right, but somehow I think I'm always looking for that perfect conversationalist. And you know that whole image of your ideal soulmate? Yar he would be my ideal conversationalist. He would be funny, witty, yet silly and stupid sometimes, informative, comforting, understanding, listening, and crazy. Just think a whole mix of Chandler from Friends, Seth from The OC, and the entire Gilmore Girl cast. Think one will probably go nuts trying to keep up with what my ideal man would be saying. Boyfriend can be witty at times, but his whole world seems so material it gets a bit unnerving. He wants that big apartment overlooking the city skyline, with the plasma TVs, the BMW, the wedding on a ship. I'm not saying all that is wrong. But all I would be satisfied with is a small apartment, my tv, my dog(s), a cup of hot cocoa, and frequent beer-drinking sessions with my mateys. And that I guess, is where our main difference lies.
Planning a Cameron/Genting trip in December. Hope it'll be fun, hope it materializes. Haha. I will make it materialize. Am falling in love with Jack Johnson's voice and his fingers, his amazing guitar-strumming fingers. I swear, it would be so cool to date a musician. No Justin Trousersnakes (why do they call him that?) tho please! Alrighty, study hard people!
The SP, 10:00 AM
1 Comments:
In danger of being decapicated by your BF, i suggest that if you want a guy like that..I intro u to Pauggy...He's everything you mention..EXCEPT he's a tad faggy.. well if u can live it, i suppose ;)
Kazua, at 12:17 AM