The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Monday, October 31, 2005
Do I have to wake up from the dream of being away?

This is the Florida Keys Atlantic Ocean Snorkeling Group of 2005! We so rawk :D
Can't forget those times. I had so much fun in Florida. I worked in a mexican-themed cafe in Seaworld, Orlando, called Mango Joe's. Steak and chicken fajitas were our specialty. It came with 3 nice hot fajitas, pico salad (which had guacamole and sour cream on it.. mmm), and your choice of chicken, steak, or both (aka combo) which was grilled then cooked in a saucepan of extremely tasty sauce, making the chicken tender and the steak juicy. Green peppers and onions were cooked with it, giving it the added aroma and just making your mouth water when you see them drizzled all over the meat. There were also other dishes like Fajita salad which was essentially chicken salad in a fajita fried bowl, Southwestern Chicken wraps, Veggie Wraps and Fish Sandwiches (the most humongous dish, comes with fries..mmm). On top of that there were lots of sides and desserts to choose from, fattening, sweet, yet extremely tempting desserts. Chocolate, Cheese and Carrot (my fav) cake.. big hulking hunks of cake occupying the whole plate and being satisfiyingly thick, creamy and nutty at the same time. Strawberries, watermelon, and the famed chocolate chip cookies served with choc fudge in a Shamu bowl.. mummy, I want one!
The people I worked with were just as diverse as the menu. Coming from all over the US and even Micronesia, Haiti and Jamaica. The leads were all nice in their own way, sweet and caring, doing the best they can to manage the huge lunchtime crowds in the summer. The girls working with me were da bomb, other students from Thailand worked there too and they were good workers with a sense of humour. The Europeans came to replace them after they left, Czech Republicans, Polish, Russians and Lithuanians. All very nice to me, I miss 'em. :( They're even more crazy than the Thais. Haha. The local workers were mainly minors, the girls were sweet but the boys, man oh man, how they loved to play. They did their job (well, sometimes) but all they really want is to have fun. Drove me nuts sometimes them taking their own sweet time cleaning the floor to earn extra hours, or fooling around playing with water and getting everything in a mess!
Florida herself was beautiful, clear blue skies, fluffy white clouds, hot summer sun baking your skin a nice honey brown, big lakes, 24hr eating joints, $3.99 breakfast buffets, themeparks, themeparks and more themeparks. I used to miss New York when I went to Florida, everything seemed to move at a pace that was 10X as slow, and the weather was dreadfully hot and uncomfortable at first, and the transport was a killer, and everything was just so. spread. out. But the 2 places are unique in their own ways, and now I love them both. :) We did almost everything in Florida, eat, partay, sit on them nasty but helluva-ride roller-coasters, shop, beach-hop. We saw real beaches. Not that teeny narrow strip of dirty sand you see at East Coast, but real motherf*cking huge beaches. Nice white sand, getting in between your toes, up your swimsuit and everywhere else. Big wide beaches, with people suntanning and living it up, ice-cream trucks roamed the beach selling us 3 majorly huge butter-pecan flavoured ice cream scoops on a big tasty cone (for US$4.. oww), T-shirt vendors selling souveneirs, rover trucks sprinting down the beaches driven by also majorly hot bikini babes. The waves rocked us off our feet, literally. Geez, what fun.
We even drove down to Miami, got stoned, and drove back. haha, not before snorkeling in the Florida Keys tho, the most beautiful expanse of Atlantic Ocean I'll ever see. Too bad the oceans were rather choppy, it made everyone sick and woozy. :P But even that was fun, come to think of it. Sigh I am just so missing Florida now!!! Even the people, them fellow Sporeans. Disco-ing with them was fun, shopping with them even more, and theme-parking, who can beat the fun in that. Whoever invented roller-coaster rides must have been a wild thang, and he/she must have lived in Florida cos all the rides are there! The worst must have been Disney MGM studios Hollywood Tower of Terror (wooo~~). A haunted dark hotel with service elevators that moved through ghostly corridors before coming to a stop then dropping you like 100s of feet down then rising up again only to drop you even faster, making your hair fly up and your stomach leap up to your eyes. Truly terrifying, I'm glad Shan was by my side for me to grab hold and squeeeze!

See those little rectangular windows on the right hand side of the building? That's where we could peek out from while being dropped to the basement like a tonne of bricks.
These days, I live looking forward to the next holiday, or the next adventure. I wonder if that's healthy. :S
The SP, 11:37 AM
1 Comments:
Anonymous, at 5:23 PM
Really had so much fun at the theme parks in Florida..next time we must go on more holidays together n try out more fun n exciting rides..mabbe australia bah..scream our hearts out for all these fun-loving rides! take care n good luck for ur exams!
~shan~