The Place to be (Part II)
Thoughts. Not necessarily in a stream.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Do I need a reason for being here?

This is me shouting at you to turn the TV on and let your brain soak up the waves of insightful yet sometimes useless information.. I find it rather entertaining and also... stimulating. And don't give me that crap about TV being no good for you...you know you want it.
You know how it is when you finally decide to write something down to share with the whole entire world, you get stumped, then you end up wondering what would be the one thing that would actually interest the audience, captivate their attention, and eventually gain their admiration. Then it evolves into writing something that isn't really yourself, more of something that you'd think people will like. Why is that?
Today I had an important presentation. All 70 of us, in a room, showing the judges what we were made of. Some people dressed up smartly, others didn't bother. I had no choice but to not bother, all my smart clothes were back home, or shall we just say, out of reach. We were to present our slithering, sexy, shameless belly-dancing to 2 VIPs who would come anytime from 9am to 12pm. Okay okay, it wasn't belly-dancing, that would be interesting tho, seeing specky people in suits get jiggy. It was more like a poster of sorts, of our experiments. I waited and waited for the 2 VIPs, 2 strangers came round and I presented to them too.. just for fun I guess. Also was good practice. And so I continued to wait, and soon everyone was seen standing around in groups, sharing how they felt about their presentations which they already finished. Where were my 2 VIPs?! It started getting worrisome, people were asking me how my presentations were and when I said I haven't given one, they would give me this wide-eyed stare accompanied my overtones of concern and shock (and perhaps hidden glee, but naw, I would think they were all nice people), and tell me to perhaps enquire the co-ordinator, which I had already done. She was of no use. Oh well, in the end, driven to desperate measures as the clock struck 11, I called my Prof (VIP of all VIPs, also a very nice man), and asked for the names of my examiners. One of them I knew, and the other one was this all-important HOD (head of department). I called the one I knew and ushered him down, heh, he was amused at my concern. And they both turned up at the same time.. great, the more the jollier. I could give one session of 'belly-dancing' without repitition. Just as I was beginning, the HOD took away my reference cards and hid it somewhere out of sight (thankfully not out of mind), so I was left with pure memory and a surge of adrenaline. Thanks very much. Was a good thing I already had practice and I prattled on about my project as they nodded like good old wise men. Questions were asked, some of which were unanswerable, and they both agreed mine was indeed a worthy project which would yield very relevant results. Woot. Its all thanks to the VIP of VIPs, my dear Prof who was nice enough to give me a chance.
Life is full of chances really, its whether you dare to take them on or not. Back in the old days, I was more of a timid child. Someone who stood at the sidelines while everyone got along and mingled, who was too afraid to say something which might strike an upset in the whole balance of things. But I feel that has changed. With age, comes experience, with experience comes failures, with failures come lessons, and with lessons come new ways to do things better. And people just love to interact anyway, it's just refreshing being exposed to a warm living person with a fresh set of ideas, unique experiences and perhaps hidden lessons in the form of advice. However, I have not morphed into someone totally obnoxiously loud or even moderately out-spoken, but things will come out of my mouth when the time calls for it. And perhaps even when uncalled for, its just fun to make noise and see how people react sometimes :P
So right now, here I am, a warm living person with a fresh set of ideas. Presenting myself to you, just for your reading pleasure. Which is why blog-reading can be addictive, especially if you're addicted to the character itself. Its almost like you know the person, and he/she exists in your daily world, the little world you live in, but which can be expanded in ways we can never imagine. I'm not too complex to understand. No, really. Perhaps complexity arises when we keep things to ourselves, in our little brains where no one can reach (and I hope it stays that way). I'm a young adult (refuse to reveal age), I have a nice family, 2 big black dogs which are loveable in their own special way, a very nice boyfriend (I say he's nice because he is, although sometimes.. a little.. irritating :P), school (my last year tho', sobs), friends (mostly fellow girlfriends whom I can gripe about life with), and I live by myself right now (in school actually) so freedom abounds :D I like it that way. You'll hear me griping about work tho, mostly laboratory work in school. Yes, I kill mice for science. I know its nasty, and I feel its horrible because I wouldn't ever want to be a lab mouse. To get jabbed by needles, fed toxic drugs and get cut up too isn't a very pleasurable existence. But I do it for the experience, which may proove useful in future, and hey I don't think I'll ever get a better Prof, he's Super! :D Things will change very soon once I start working tho', I have no idea what I'll end up with. Really hope it'll be something good, but that's many months away, so don't bother me now work-stress and classified ads!
I used to have a blog, a private one that was password protected (mainly to prevent certain people from reading it) but got sick of the disparingly plain layout and hence decided to migrate over to Blogspot. Quite possibly the world's most commonly used blog server. I'm common, so sue me. Its all due to my inadequacy in HTML literacy, I need Frontpage to come up with something decent and altogether, its just too much effort. So that's the reason why I'm here.
The SP, 12:58 AM
4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous, at 5:40 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
, at 5:41 PM
3 Comments and they were spam..WOW..:D Welcome to Blogspot!
*waves*
*waves*
Hey! Love that graphic. I think there's something about that monster I like. Haha. Remember someone selling a plushie of sort that look like it.
Am glad your presentation went well. I will be having mine tomorrow and my examiner is the worst anyone can get. *faints*
Anyway, see ya around in school.
Wan
Am glad your presentation went well. I will be having mine tomorrow and my examiner is the worst anyone can get. *faints*
Anyway, see ya around in school.
Wan
, at 5:00 AM
